October 30, 2009

What's Playing in the Ipod: Lupe Fiasco



HEAT!!!!! One of my favorite emcee/lyricist in the rap game LUPE FIASCO. Here is his "Say Something" Freestyle. He bodied this beat. His wordplay is phenomenal, its just so much i can go on and on. I hope he never retires. Here's some flavors(shout out to MR Chi CITY) for you:
"Try to stop what’s going on,
you’ll see the back of my hand like the tops of palms,
I’m balling like the tops of pawns,
circle of influence getting bigger like the ripples on the tops of ponds
Short footed and War headed like the tops of bombs,
Domino-in n*gg*’s, delivery is Papa Johns, Little Ceaser‘s, uh,
burning down your Pizza Hut…
Plaque collection building ’cause, I don’t brush my teeth enough,
yeah, Crack is wack and reefer sucks, you might think this deep as fuck
but this like my weaker stuff,
they ask “Is this his day-to-day ’cause this is like a week to us"

Sometimes i be feeling like i got to break shit down for people who don't understand Lupe for what he is worth. I be telling people just listen to his album but sometimes thats not enough im bout to start printing out lyrics for those who are still not buying. I've been down since the first mixtape i heard of Lupe's mixtape "Fahrenheit 1/15 Part II: Revenge of the Nerds", back in 2006. After hearing that i went back and got the 1st mixtape and from then on i was sold. Its tough that my boy can't go Platinum. Ok i definitely just let out some steam with this post. lol smh im out....Water...

*Bonus Lupe Fiasco Turnt Up Freestyle: CLICK HERE

0 comments: