March 29, 2009

"The Queendom is in Dallas."-Ms. Badu

The issue hit stands almost a year a ago, April 2008. I know Im pretty late but, better late than never l0l. I finally got a chance to read the issue I never knew existed, Errykah Badu blessed the cover of Essence and spoke of past loves, her new life, & motherhood.She touches base on all the talk about her turning a guys into hippies, she explained that the guys that she's dated already had the hippie in them. She continued on saying, "When I met AndrĂ©, he had a head wrap on. And we swapped incense.Common was already eclectic in his rhyming and choice of hats and clothing (Essence)." There is a point when Badu recalls an encounter with Raphael Saadiq and goes on to explain how he would not look at her.She said not long a friend pulled her aside and said,"Girl, Raphael heard that you ain’t supposed to look Erykah Badu directly in the eye (Essence)." Word has it that Ms. Badu's honey eyes are the key to any man's heart, if she's willing to take 'em. When speaking about her children and her relationships with their fathers she says, " I’m a real good mother. And I make sure that the fathers are active. The queendom is in Dallas. Various times in the year, everybody’s there at once, and we all get along(Essence)."I loved every minute of reading this article

-xoxo Hadi

0 comments: